Maybe I’m cheating on this post, since it’s no-bake, but I don’t care.
My daughter was home today – YEAH!! 🙂 🙂– and she is always looking for healthy energy snacks. She loves energy bites, so when I came across this Juice Plus recipe, I knew I’d hit jackpot gold!
I happen to subscribe to Juice Plus – pretty much the whole caboodle: shake mix, supplement gummies, daily “vitamin” supplements (aka veggie pills), and the omega pills because I actually do have a heart condition. I’m not here to sell you on any product – trust me. I used to do direct sales, and got out of the business purposely, but I do really like the Juice Plus products.
However, I’m pretty sure the recipe below could be made with most protein powders.
I generally will try any of those shake mixes when a friend sells them because I’m happy to enjoy a “healthy” shake in my life several times a week, and I’ve tried them all:
- Store protein powder, including the organic kinds from Whole Foods – major meh
- Herbalife – where’s the vomit emoji?
- Shakeology – insert nauseous emoji
After 3 tries, I was so done with the whole protein powder bullshit.
Then my BFF Lynn told me she was selling Juice Plus, and I told her I was rolling my eyes. She laughed, did her spiel, and I told her I was still rolling my eyes in the back of my head. She’s patient and kind, far more so than I. We finished our chat, and lo’ a few weeks later, my kids’ trainer told them to buy this stuff and raved, and raved about it…so, I bought it, tried it, and still subscribe 2 years later. I have one of the shakes about 2-3 times a week after my workout or as a small meal replacement.
To this day, I still laugh about liking it because I have loathed all the others.
I am going to say this again, I am not here to sell you on Juice Plus – but it is good, and I’m a bloody skeptic about that kinda shit. I truly believe the recipe below could easily be made any protein powder because the one downside to JP is that it is expensive.
Juice Plus Complete Snickerdoodle Bites
What you’ll need:
- One scoop Juice Plus Vanilla Complete – or protein powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons creamy nut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
How to Make:
- Add the Vanilla Juice Plus Complete, cinnamon, and oats in a large bowl and stir just incorporate well.
- Add in maple syrup, nut butter, and vanilla. Mix well. Misxture will be thick. Add a few tablespoons of water, if necessary, until the batter comes together and can be rolled in your hands. Roll mixture into small balls.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll balls gently in the snickerdoodle sugar.
My Thoughts After Making:
- WAIT!! You’re kidding me?! I actually had coconut sugar in my pantry!!
- If you didn’t have coconut sugar, I think turbinado sugar would be nice, as well.
- These are no bake and come together FAST!! We seriously had a double batch made up in about 10 minutes.
- Yum!!… super healthy ingredients to give you natural energy!
- Use whatever protein powder brand you want.
- Chocolate protein powder would be good, as well. Maybe even a combo of chocolate and vanilla. If there’s a mocha powder out there, that would be nice, also.
- Maybe just add a teaspoon or two of instant coffee to the chocolate??
- We used sunflower seed butter, as my daughter has a nut allergy, and the result was delicious!
- When they say thick, they mean thick. We didn’t add water, but rather, my daughter used heaping tablespoons of the sunflower butter, which seems to work just fine:
- No-bake goodness! We used the orange Zeroll scoop for perfect energy ball sized poppers!